Jeni Strednak, a graduate of Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, is a Marriage and Family Therapy Associate who practices pastoral counseling. She operates primarily from an attachment perspective and provides individual, couples, family and group psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults. Her areas of interest include depression, anxiety, life transition adjustment, grief and bereavement, premarital counseling, parenting, and trauma recovery. In addition to traditional talk therapy, Jeni also utilizes play therapy and art therapy interventions when needed.
Jeni loves co-creating and fostering connections in all kinds of relational systems and has shaped her professional practice with a full life-course perspective in mind. She trained at St Matthews Elementary School, Boys Haven Pre-Independent Living, Presbyterian Homes of Louisville, and at the Louisville Seminary Counseling Center. She is a Prepare and Enrich facilitator, conducts parenting skills training seminars at local churches, and hosts a trauma recovery group for survivors of abuse.
• Practices as a Marriage and Family Therapy Associate in Kentucky and Indiana
• Preclinical Fellow, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
• Member, Kentucky Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (KAMFT)
• Member, Association for Play Therapy (APT)
• Member, American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC)
• Prepare & Enrich Facilitator
• Masters of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
• Recipient of the 2013 James A. Hyde Marriage and Family and Pastoral Counseling Theory & Practice Award
Jeni heads our program for families and individuals with low income or no insurance. She provides pastoral counseling and currently offers a therapy group for women who are survivors of domestic and childhood abuse.
Contact Jeni at 502-468-4338